YOGA & PILATES
Yoga and Surf are the perfect combination! Surfers need optimum fitness as well as deep focus. There are many different styles of Yoga, with emphasis on focus, breath, balance, energy, endurance, acceptance, flexibility, and strength. Because Yoga includes both mental and physical training, Yoga is an excellent practice to combine with your surfing.
Pilates helps with mobility and core strength. Good core strength will improve your pop up speed, stability and board control. Pilates is also good for flexibility. If you are less interested in your mental game and prefer a more strength-focused work out, Pilates may be a better option than Yoga.
Our Yoga and Pilates Lessons are taught by local professionals with years of experience. The style of practice is more relaxed and restorative, to stretch out muscles and complement our Surf Course. There are stronger Yoga and Pilates practices out there. But because we are spending a lot of energy every day surfing, the Surfivor Yoga Lessons focus on restoration, mobility and flexibility.
We work with different teachers every week. This is great because you have the opportunity to try up to 3 different styles of Yoga and Pilates during your stay.
SPECIAL Yogi-ish FEATURES
- 3 specialized Yoga and Pilates For Surfers classes
- optional Ayurvedic massage with our local specialist in her private studio
- Nutritious daily breakfast with fresh fruit, muesli, fresh bread daily and fresh OJ
- Free welcome BBQ, vegan/veggie friendly, for all our guests and staff
- Yogis like to Party! Info on local amenities; great restaurants, live music and parties
- Guided tour of Porto and Port Wine Tasting
Our weekly Surf Camp Packs includes 2x 2 hour lessons from Monday – Saturday, wetsuit and board rental and transportation to the best spots to surf each day. The week also includes a surf theory lesson and pop up practice workshop. Surfers are divided by experience level between beginner, novice and intermediate. Lessons are taught by professional instructors and groups are never larger than 8 surfers.